Port Edward is a small resort town situated in the south coast of KwaZulu-Natal of South Africa, near the Eastern Cape Province border. The area includes Palm Beach, Glenmore and Leisure Bay. This is a pristine coastal area, which has natural attraction of the like of the Mpenjati Nature Reserve.
The first holiday cottage in Port Edward was a shack built among the sand dunes in the early days by transport rider Edward Stafford. Unaware of their motility, however, he was surprised and dismayed to see his fine creation swallowed up. The area was subjected to several name changes as property was bought and sold, but the practice came to an end in 1952 when the town of Port Edward was ceremoniously dedicated to the then Prince of Wales.